Picky Eaters! How to Get Your Kids to Eat Healthy – Part 1 | Keri Glassman
SUBSCRIBE for weekly episodes and bonuses: https://www.youtube.com/user/NLKeri
Visit me anytime on my WEBSITE: http://www.http://nutritiouslife.com/.com/
There is (almost) nothing more stressful to parents than the challenge that “picky” little eaters can present. I hear you. I wanna help you get your kids to eat healthy. Give these tips a try and let me know how you do.
Share below your stories, all of us parents want to hear!
Here are my 5 tips to get your kids to eat healthy:
5 Do’s to conquer picky eaters:
1. Eat together: Your kids need to see you eating healthy. NO turning your nose up to brussel sprouts, Dad! Aim for at least 3 meals together per week. It doesn’t have to be dinner either! My favorite family meal is breakfast.
2. Shop together: Take your kids to the grocery store or farmers market. Get them involved, and let them pick out a new food to try that week that catches their fancy.
3. Always serve veggies: Don’t leave veggies off the table (and kids plates!) even if your kids haven’t been eating them. Kids need to exposed to veggies over and over (and sometimes, OVER!) again before they eventually eat them. Don’t worry about waste, you can use them up the next day by having as a snack, tossing into a salad or even a morning omelette for yourself.
4. Stop talking: Just do. This is a hard one for me! You don’t want to over-talk eating well. Instead, make healthy foods available, make sure your kids see you eating healthy and it will become the “norm” for your kids to do the same.
5. Portion your meals in the kitchen: Portion at least the protein and starch part of the meal in the kitchen and put out an extra veggies on the table. This way if your kids are still hungry after rice, they only have the broccoli to dive into.
Want some inspiration for a dinner that’s got the picky eater stamp of approval?
Breaded Baked Chicken Fingers
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
– 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs or Panko whole wheat bread crumbs
– 1 tablespoon wheat germ
– 6 ounces thin chicken cutlets (cut into 1 ounce strips)
– 1 egg (preferably organic and omega-3 fortified)
1. Mix together bread crumbs and wheat germ.
2. Dip chicken in egg, next into bread crumb and wheat germ mixture and bake at 350 for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
Let’s Connect on Social Media!
▶ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KeriGlassmanNutritiousLife
▶ Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutritiouslifeofficial/
▶ Twitter: https://twitter.com/keriglassman
▶ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/keriglassman/
http://schaffervisuals.com | firstname.lastname@example.org