Best Detox Diet For Weight Loss – Cleansing Your Insides
You may or may not have heard about detox diets but they are quite a good way of losing weight. It essentially involves doing certain things to help your body eliminate the toxins inside of your body. These toxins include metabolic wastes from normal human metabolism and environmental pollutants. If you have lived on the Standard American Diet for some time, odds are you will really need to detoxify your body as this diet would have already overwhelmed your body’s threshold for natural detoxification. The result of letting your body build up all these toxins is constipation, headaches, muscle aches, food allergies, stubborn weight loss, hormonal imbalances, skin abnormalities and a whole host of other health conditions.
So, in order to cleanse your body you will first need to get rid of all the toxins that are going into your body. Such nasties include alcohol, smoking, caffeine, refined sugars, dairy products and similar addictive substances. Once these have been eliminated, you will likely experience a withdrawal period that will make you feel like as if you have a mild flu. This normally lasts between 1-3 days.
However, this withdrawal phase shouldn’t stop you from starting your detox diet. In fact, the detox started in step 1 when you removed all the toxins! Never leave yourself too hungry and eat whole, fresh foods like lean meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes, eggs and olive oil. Give yourself plenty of rest, clean your bowels and drink plenty of water (6-8 glasses, preferably filtered) everyday. Heat will also speed up the process of detoxifying your body so having a sauna or a warm bath with Epsom salts is also good, if you get the chance.
It’s also a good idea to keep track of your progress, especially in a detox diet that involves many elements. You should start to notice a difference between 3-7 days of starting this diet.
To finish, let me give you some pointers to quicken the cleansing effect of the detox diet:
– Morning lemon juice: Squeeze lemon juice out of half a lemon into hot cup of water. Drink it before breakfast. This will help with digestion.
– Mix 1 teaspoon of milk thistle complex into room temperature water and drink. This will help boost liver function and control your cravings before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
– Mix 2 teaspoons of psyllium husks into a large glass of water and drink 15 minutes before breakfast. This will help improve bowel function.
– Mix 2 teaspoons of spirulina powder into water and apple juice and drink in the mid-afternoon to aid the detoxification process
– Have 2 pieces of fruit either or both in the mid-morning and after dinner
Some useful links: